Main Street Delaware brings you a holiday to remember!
Home for the Holidays weekend will be December 2-4, 2022!
Main Street Delaware’s Christmas events in our downtown brings together families in our community. We love providing Christmas memories to families in our area. Please help us continue this tradition.
Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides
Taking off from the Strand Theatre each Friday evening in December leading up to Christmas. Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride around downtown Delaware! Cozy up with your family and enjoy the festive sights of downtown. Only $2 per person over the age of 6!
Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
Friday, December 2 at 6pm: Join other families and feel the sense of love and community as we light our magnificent Christmas Tree at the corner of William and Sandusky Streets. Our tree lighting is a magical experience. Santa and Mrs. Claus greet children and adults all month long to hear their Christmas wishes and give each one a treat. Santa joins us at our tree lighting, helping us each year to flip the switch and light our tree.
Photos with Santa Claus at The Delaware Welcome Center
$10.00 includes 1 print and digital copy of photograph
- Friday, December 2, 7 to 9 p.m. By appointment only
- Fridays, December 9 & 16, 5 to 6 p.m. Walk-ins Welcome!
- Fridays, December 9 & 16, 6 to 8 p.m. By appointment only
- Saturdays, December 3, 10 & 17, 12 to 1 p.m. Walk-ins Welcome!
- Saturdays, December 3, 10 & 17, 1 to 3 p.m. By appointment only
- Visiting Santa is a fun, community favorite tradition! Photos by For His Glory Photography!
- Photos will take place at the Delaware Welcome Center (20 E William Street).
The Annual Holiday Parade takes place on Sunday, December 4 at 3 p.m.
Parade registration will be open until Monday, November 21 at 12 p.m. or until all spots are filled.