Main Street Delaware brings you a holiday to remember!
Main Street Delaware’s Christmas events in our downtown brings together families in our community.
Planning on coming downtown on November 30th for the Tree Lighting? Thanks to DATA Bus, park with ease at Mingo Park and catch a ride on the DATA shuttle.
We love providing Christmas memories to families in our area. Please help us continue this tradition.
Home for the Holidays Weekend:
Nov 30-Dec 2
Fri, Nov 30 // 6-9 pm:
- Tree lighting
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- DATA Bus Shuttle from Mingo Park
Sat, Dec 1 // All Day
- Dash for Dasher Scavenger Hunt from 11am – 1pm: Santa has lost Dasher! Explore downtown following Santa’s clues to find him and have fun along the way. Voluntary donation: box of cereal or monetary.
- Visit Santa House at the Strand from 1 – 3pm – Photography provided by For His Glory Photography and backdrop from Periwinkle Photography. Purchase a printed 4 by 6 photo for $5.00.
- Holiday shopping all day! Shop our downtown stores with holiday specials.
Sun, Dec 2 // 3 pm
- Holiday Parade at 3 pm, stepping off from Mingo Park
- The Post Office will collect your letters to Santa at the start of the parade!
Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides
Every December Friday evening leading up to Christmas, enjoy a free horse-drawn carriage ride around downtown Delaware. Cozy up with your family and enjoy the festive sights of downtown. Carriage rides depart from the Strand Theater from 6-8pm.
Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
November 30 at 6pm: Join other families and feel the sense of love and community as we light our magnificent Christmas Tree at the corner of William and Sandusky Streets. Our tree lighting is a magical experience. Santa and Mrs. Claus greet children and adults all month long to hear their Christmas wishes and give each one a treat. Santa joins us at our tree lighting, helping us each year to flip the switch and light our tree.
Visit Santa Claus
in the Strand Theatre
Saturday, December 1, 1-3pm
*Friday, December 7, 6-8pm
Saturday, December 8, 1-3pm
*Friday, December 14, 6-8pm
Saturday, December 15, 1-3pm
*Friday, December 21, 6-8pm
Santa House hours will feature a gift for each child, as supplies last. There is no Santa House on First Friday on November 30, but you can visit Santa at the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck!
Purchase the first annual Main Street Delaware 2018 Christmas Ornament!
Our first annual collectible Christmas ornament features the original Delaware City Hall. The ornaments will be sold at First Fridays, Farmers’ Markets, and by cash or check at The Greater Gouda, Toujours, Coffeeology, and Breakaway Cycling. Available through Black Friday. Your $20 donation will support the downtown Christmas tree decorations.