- This event has passed.
Home for the Holidays Weekend!
December 6 - December 8
Main Street Delaware brings you a holiday to remember!
Friday night, December 6th festivities include:
- Performances by local musical groups 6 to 9 p.m.
- Annual Tree Lighting! at 6:30 p.m.
- Visit Santa at The Strand from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Horse-drawn carriage rides around downtown, $1 per passenger over the age of 5 6 to 9 p.m.
- Delaware County Transit Bus Shuttle from 145 N. Union Street 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, December 7th continues the fun with:
- Dash for Dasher Scavenger Hunt from 12 to 2 p.m. Santa has lost Dasher! Explore downtown following Santa’s clues to find him and have fun along the way. Voluntary donation: box of cereal or monetary.
- Holiday shopping all day! Shop our downtown stores with holiday specials. From 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. support local businesses and prepare for the holidays by being a part of the Holiday Shopping Extravaganza! Look for these cards at any of the participating businesses and get stamps when you make a purchase at each location! Turn it in at The Greater Gouda before 8 p.m. for a chance to win Chocolate Walk tickets!
- Visits with Santa at The Strand from 1 to 3 p.m. – Photography provided by For His Glory Photography! Purchase a printed 4 by 6 photo for $5.00.
Sunday, December 8th wraps up the weekend:
- The annual Home for the Holidays Parade will be stepping off at 3 p.m. from Mingo Park. The parade route heads west on E Lincoln Avenue, then turns left to walk south on N Sandusky Street. It continues through the downtown square, where WSYX ABC 6 Journalist Tom Bosco will be our emcee, announcing each parade entry. The parade ends at the corner of S Sandusky Street and Wilmer Street, near the Ohio Wesleyan University campus.
- You can register for the parade here!
Thank you to our community partners: