Calling all makers, creators, and crafters! Join us for this new event in downtown Delaware made just for you!
2023 Makers’ Market Guide
The following rules and regulations have been established in order to create an event that focuses on creativity, helps create a vibrant downtown experience for all, and offers products to the consumer directly from the creator! Read these guidelines carefully before submitting your application and keep this copy for your records. Failure to observe them may result in termination of your market assignment.
If you have questions regarding these guidelines or joining the market, contact Main Street Delaware at 740-362-6050 or email@example.com. The 2023 season will have four dates, August 17, September 28, October 19, and December 14. They will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. with set up beginning at 5 p.m.
1) We prefer makers to be local/regional to Delaware. Exceptions may be made by the market manager.
2) Crafts may be sold at the market. All items to be sold must be handmade. No exceptions. Items not permitted include animals or flea market-type items. All crafts must be juried by the market manager before they will be allowed to be sold at the market. There are no informational tables permitted at the market. Photos for the jury may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) ALL vendors are required to provide their own liability insurance in the amount of 300k. Vendor shall provide proof of said insurance upon request.
4) Setup for the market will begin no earlier than 5:00 p.m. Sales may begin at 6:00 p.m. Sales end at 9:00 p.m. If you require additional time for set-up, please inform Main Street Delaware. Early selling for any market will not be permitted. Please note: If you are not at the market within 10 minutes after the market has begun, and have not notified us that you will be late, your space may be given to another vendor. Please call prior to market day, if you know in advance that you will be late. You may call or text at 740-362-6050.
5) Main Street is responsible for space assignments, public safety, and enforcement of the market rules. Spaces will be assigned with consideration to the amount of events you attend, continuity, product presentation, and the best interests of the entire market. This event will take place on the sidewalks on Sandusky Street, and possibly parts of Winter and William Streets. If you have a concern or complaint regarding market guidelines please submit your complaint to Main Street Delaware in writing and it will be reviewed with the market manager, the president of Main Street Delaware’s Board of Directors and the Executive Director. Please note that all rules are subject to change based upon the overall betterment of the market and downtown Delaware.
6) Vendors are permitted to temporarily park and unload vehicles at their locations during setup times; those vehicles should be moved to the public parking area prior to the market opening. Vendors can double park in order to unload & load for the market. This should take no longer than 10-15 minutes. Please use flashers and observe great caution. After unloading, please park in a rear parking lot, so nearby parking spaces are available for market customers and brick and mortar businesses. On-street parking in the downtown area by vendors during the market is forbidden.
7) Market prices for all items must be visibly posted. All vendors are responsible for setting their own prices.
8) Operate your stand in a neat, safe, and sanitary manner. Keep your sales area clear of garbage. Sellers must also clean up their spaces after each market. A broom and dustpan can be provided, if needed. Vendors must be courteous and honest at all times. Do not block the entrances of the downtown retail establishments.
9) No smoking will be permitted within the Makers’ Market vendor area.
10) Main Street Delaware reserves the right to admit or reject any vendor for any reason not prohibited by law.
11) You must pay in advance for your market space or on the day of the market. CHECKS ARE TO BE MADE PAYABLE TO MAIN STREET DELAWARE, INC. Fees include:
- A non-refundable $20 application fee must be paid with all applications.
- Vendor Set-Up Fees:
- All Four Events (Aug. 17, Sep. 28, Oct. 19 & Dec. 14, 2023) = $140
- Single Event (designate selected date in your application) = $40
Interested in participating in the August 17 Makers’ Market?
- Applications due Wednesday, August 2, 2023
- Accepted/Declined letters emailed out Wednesday, August 9, 2023
- Layout/set-up details emailed out Friday, August 11, 2023
Interested in participating in the September 28 Makers’ Market?
- Applications due Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- Accepted/Declined letters emailed out Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- Layout/set-up details emailed out Friday, September 22, 2023
Interested in participating in the October 19 Makers’ Market?
- Applications due Wednesday, October 4, 2023
- Accepted/Declined letters emailed out Wednesday, October 11, 2023
- Layout/set-up details emailed out Friday, October 13, 2023
Interested in participating in the December 14 Makers’ Market?
- Applications due Wednesday, November 29, 2023
- Accepted/Declined letters emailed out Wednesday, December 6, 2023
- Layout/set-up details emailed out Friday, December 8, 2023
Interested in participating in more than one Makers’ Market?
- Once accepted to one market, you’re accepted for the others you’re interested in too, but space assignments may vary from month to month.
By filling out an application form you are agreeing to adhere to their guidelines and regulations.