The purpose of the commercial revitalization effort is to develop and implement a strategy for economic development and historic preservation in the downtown business district. This position is hired by and reports to the Main Street Delaware Board of Directors.
ATTRIBUTES OF A SUCCESSFUL DIRECTOR
A successful director MUST:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have a sense of entrepreneurship and be a self-starter.
- Understand and be able to work with all levels of government and community stakeholders.
- Have an ability to communicate effectively with both individuals and groups.
- Understand organizational management in a nonprofit capacity.
- Have an appreciation and understanding of community involvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years education/experience in at least one of the following areas: historic preservation, finance, public administration, public relations, economic development, marketing, planning, business, or retailing.
- A strong development background with nonprofit fundraising, grant writing experience.
- Employee supervision and volunteer coordination skills, as well as experience in membership management and relations.
- Event planning and marketing.
- Facility management or oversight as related to the care of the Delaware Welcome Center, home of the Main Street Delaware offices and a visitor information source.
- Experience in understanding the issues confronting business and property owners, public agencies and community organizations.
- Be well organized, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, creative and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment.
- Knowledge of Main Street America and Ohio Main Street Program is a plus.
- Knowledge of urban redevelopment tools and processes.
Superior verbal and written communication skills with an ability to engage a diverse group of local stakeholders. The individual must be able to effectively communicate within large group presentations, Board of Directors meetings, standing committee meetings, and 1-on-1 meetings. Social media and traditional media knowledge base is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
The Executive Director is expected to be a participating member of all relevant local, state and national organizations. Must have a valid driver’s license.
The Executive Director will be expected to represent the Main Street organization at functions, meetings, events and programs at the local, state and national levels. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends. The Executive Director must be able to lift 25 pounds. Moderate travel and reimbursement by the organization is an expectation of the position.
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
Email to Main Street Delaware Board President, Jeff Kirby: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to applications received by Wednesday, May 18, 2022. Position will remain open until filled.
Salary range is commensurate with experience.
Main Street Delaware is an equal opportunity employer.