- This event has passed.
March First Friday: March for Art
March 1, 2019 / 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Main Street Delaware’s March First Friday event is always so special! Local businesses act as art galleries and display artwork created by students from Delaware City Schools. During First Friday, the community is invited to stop by these “art galleries” and view the amazing artwork students have created.
Student artwork will be displayed at the five following locations on First Friday and through March 18:
- Delaware Entrepreneurial Center at OWU — 70 S. Sandusky St.
- COhatch — 18 E. William St.
- The Strand Theater — 28 E. Winter St.
- Central Ohio Symphony — 24 E. Winter St.
- Pat’s Endangered Species — 11 W. Winter St.
The Ross Art Museum will host a reception on First Friday from 5 to 7pm for student artists and their families. Enjoy cookies and punch and get a chance to win art supplies in a raffle drawing.
Not just the student artwork downtown… EXPLORE THE ARTS!
Take some time to explore many different types of art at participating downtown establishments, including live music, artist demonstrations, author book readings, and more!
- Oak & Brazen Wine Co. (38 E. Winter St.) — Giving away Delaware-themed print
- Delaware County District Library (84 E. Winter St.) — Closed First Friday, Quilt Display through March
- Bun’s Restaurant (14 W. Winter St.) — Local Artist Exhibition
- Fundamentals Books (25 W. Winter St.) — Face Painting
- Secret Identity Comics (34 N. Franklin St.) — Local Artist Exhibition
- Tiny House Vintage & Art (53 N. Sandusky St.) — Live Artist Demonstration
- gather (53 N. Sandusky St.) — Local Artist Exhibition and Live Music at 8pm
- Whit’s Frozen Custard (31 N. Sandusky St.) — Live Artist Demonstration (cake decorating)
- Edwin Loy Home (27 N. Sandusky St.) — Furniture Painting
- Sandusky Street Antiques (30 N Sandusky St.) — Antique Paintings, Maps and Lithographs
- Fresh Start Cafe & Bakery (24 N. Sandusky St.) — Local Artist Exhibition
- The Greater Gouda (12 N. Sandusky St.) — Author Book Readings
- Toujours (8 N. Sandusky St.) — Local Artist Exhibition
- The Bare Bowl (6 N. Sandusky St.) — Local Artist Exhibition
- Ciao Cafe (2 N. Sandusky St.) — Live Music
- Olivina Taproom (44 S. Sandusky St.) — Photography
- Honey & Abernathy (32 Sprint St.) — Featuring Several Local Artists